Saturday, October 24, 2009

Studio Sunday #4

Hello All!!! You will never guess who is hosting this weeks Studio Sunday?!?!?
ME!!!
(ok who the heck is me when you have 5 different people posting on this blog??? lol It's the one the only the owner Lindsay! he hee)
So this week Really isant about learning something new exactly, but rather trying to give some ideas! So I love to decorate my house!!! Halloween and Christmas are my biggest of course but I am one of those people that hase decor for each season and holiday.... However I dont have lot and well the budget can be tight these days so I dont always have the most money to play with and just go but tons of decor...if I did my hubby just might divorce me lol and well I love him too much to let that happen ;) So I am big on making things as many of you crafters out there are as well I am sure.
So let me give you a brief overview of what I am going to show you today...
I know it seems like a lot but it's not as much as it seems but here are a few more close ups of the group of projects... So first off...I am terrible and procrastinating! I know it and I admit it sadly to say. But even though I may plan thing slast min I still want things to be perfect and organized...So every Halloween Party needs invitations right?!?!
I printed the SSD Apple template onto Black CS yes it was hard to see the lines but I could see them enough to cut them out. I printed the apple piece on red CS and the poison and the leafe and stem on the green CS. I carefully cut out all my pieces..

I layered my pieces and glued them together. I dont happen to like the eyes and nose to be red so I colored them in black with sharpie. And I LOVE shimmer and sparkle....and well with large surface areas to do glitter chances are it would have curled and wrinkled so I used Shimmer it Paints, I used a lime for teh poison and a christmas green for the leaf to make it stand out, and red on the red of the apple. you can then use write pen or a colored paint marker to write your event details inside or you can print the red of the apple on white and print the event details on that and glue on the inside... here is what my finished poisoned apple cards look like

Next up I like to do litte personal touches for my guests things that make them feel a little special. So I decided to do Place Cards...
I used the SSD Pumpkin Template. Rather than printing full size to do A-2 size cards, I scaled it down to 5x7" and Printed 1 sets on a page of orange and also scaled down the stems the same amount and only printed one step (I decided I wasnt going to do the stems on both sides but you could if you want)

I carefully cut them out and glued the stems on. I used some Alpha stickers to add the guests names to them.
I then cut a 1" x 2" strip of CS
I scored it on teh 2" length at the 1/2" and the 1 1/2" marks
added adhesive to both flaps
and centered and adheared to the inside of the mini pumpkin cards
This gives you a look at how they sit in the cards
And now the stand up perfectly! and wont fall over. These will also be great for thanksgiving!!!
Ok next up I wanted to Sassify by Halloween Door Hanger Wreath thing I got, So I actually COlored this witch in Photoshop and Just printed her out and Cut her out and attached her to the Wreath It could not possibly get easier than this .... however If you do not have a wreath and want to make one you can cut out Bats on Black CS (the SSD Halloween Acessories has a very simple Bat shape) and you just layer them in a circular pattern then you can set the witch in the middle or on the bottom or decorate any which way you want! so just some ideas...
So Now Halloween would not be Halloween without Candy Corn!!! Piali Did some tutorials a few weeks back on sour cream containers....SO this is the exact same apttern she used...if you would like to know how to make them click here
So what I did was I took Printable Vellum and I created my own Patterned Papers using some of the Icons from the SSD Halloween Tags and sentiment sheets. I used the different potion bottles on one sheet and I used the bats and coffins on another. All I did was cut them out and scatter them around the paper . I left 2 without ribbon or tags so you could see the patterned paper I made. I love the vellum because you can see the fun candy corn colors right through. But by adding the images it feels more Halloweenish.
Ok next up... Luminaries! I love candles! They set such great ambiance! Whether you want a romantic atmosphere, warm and cozy, or even a spooky one candles set the prefect tone. Plus they make my home smell yummy! So this Idea came from Lelia some of you may have seen it on her blog but if not you can see it here
SO you see 4 different ones here... the tallest has the evil sourceress on it and the bats from teh accessory set. I set up my page in landscape and made the sourceress about 6.5" tall and set her directly in the middle of the page. I left about an inch at the top and bottom. I then scattered different sized bats all around the remainder of the paper. I did not color her in on the computer as I didn't want to waste so much printer ink. so instead I colored it in with my marker. I used sticky tape at the edge to adhere the 2 ends together to create a cylinder, I then used a martha stuart spiderweb edge punch to create border strips the I glued and wrapped around the top and the bottom which added stability and a lil something extra. I placed a tea light in the center and tada!!! he hee
The other 3... well the one to the far right I didnt color and well it doesnt work so well you cant see the image so I do not reccomend that. Now if you saw Lelias you see she blacke dout her whole image which looks fab, and I didnt I was selective but the more black you have the more you see the images so if you dont want to do teh whole thing just make sure you do some of the larger pieces of the image in black. and I am sure you could do colors too maybe but I didnt have time to try it. and the one between this one and the sourceress was made using my cuttlebug and my spiderweb embossing folder after embossed I inked it added trim to teh top and the bottom...it turned out ok but the vellum did rip a little when being embossed and well i wouldnt say its perfect but it doesnt look too terrible so I wanted to just share it with you all as another option you have... so the one on the far left (also below) was the same concept of the 1st accept I made it smaller. I used only 1/2 a sheet of vellum. you cant see it clearly but I drew in a circle moon behidn her and Iused the black cat from the accessories and repeated it along teh bottom to create a trim (sorry for such terrible pics its hard when working with candles) I used a scalloped trimed CS strip around the bottom and it to me looked like all the cats were on a picket fence lol, and then I used green CS and my martha stuart drippy goo punch to create the trim at the top. it was all put together the same way as the sourceress one just liek I said 1/2 sheet of paper so it was a little smaller
Next up I needed some Fierce and Sassy Decor to place around my home and on my tables...SO I printed these images out on a full sheet of paper...I didnt just print them once though, I also printed a mirror Image of it too! These are double sided! so if you put them on a table they look good from either side!
I colored both sided to match and glues the top halfs of the paper together with my tape runner...run teh tape runner only over the image not the blank space around it and only do the top half. (I did put a little piece at the bottom just for while I cut out the image so it would be easier but could easily be taken apart) I decided it was going to be too hard to cut around teh curls so I left a thin white trim around all my edges when I cut out these images...also by doing it that way if the 2 images dont line up 100% perfect its ok you have a little leway without cutting into the other side funny... once I cut them out I did the exact same thing I did to the pumpkin place cards accept instead of 1 I used 2 1x2" strips of CS to create stands between the 2 layers. these make great decor around teh house or maybe group them together as a fun centerpiece
well I know it was long and you may not have learned a lot but hopefully I helped you se ethings in a different light and find a new way to use your stamps or digi images (especially your SSD ones ;) he hee)
Well it is late and I am gonna go to bed now but I hope you enjoy what I showed you here today.
and remember if you decide to try any of the projects from this studio sunday this week please email pics or a link at sassystudiodesigns@yahoo.com and you will get a free dollar deal image from SSD
Happy Crafting!
love Linds

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant ideas, these look so perfect, might have to steal a few of your ideas though for Christmas!
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Linds!! I LOVE it!! You are SO creative girl!!! Thanks for the FABULOUS ideas!!!





    Jacquie/Javablustamper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Linds!!! Fabulous projects..love them all.Have to try few of them soon...Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Piali

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the candles! how easy even I could do it lol. Hey Lindsay, I loved the Halloween circles, are you going to make some for Christmas? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great ideas, Lindsay! How fun! :O)

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lindsay, these are amazing, you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete