Friday, August 7, 2009

It's a Friday full of sweet treats and challenges!!!

Happy Friday everyone!! wow this week has been insanely crazy! I hardly got half the stuff done I wanted and needed to do! My goodness! So if you don't know alreay my birthday is next week! August 11th! It's my 25th!!! So I thought we should start the celebrating with one of my fav treats ever...A Cupcake!!! This weeks freebie and challenge images is the yummy little Cupcake!
Freebie no longer available
This image will only be available here for free through August 14th when the Challenge ends
Be sure to double click the image 1st to go to a larger higher resolution image
So what is this weeks challenge?!?!
1) use the free cupcake image
2) use bling! (we love bling here at SSD)
3) you must have some sort of 3-D element on your creation
4) post your creation online, post a comment here on this post with a link directly to your creation before midnight PST USA 8-14-09
A winner will be selected and will get 4 of our awesome new sweet treats images from out release we are having on August 15th!

1st up today we have one by our newest DT member Cassie!
I love that she used blue frosting! Her cupcake is actually made in layers with popdots for her 3-D effect

Next up is Lelia
She used clear accents on her cherry to make it shine. loaded her cupcake with bling! and even aded some folds to the liner and layered that and her sentiment is also popped up with pop dots! and a Cupcake always helps me!!! he hee
Next is Piali
I love that Piali created her own sprinkles with bling!
She also layered her cupcake with pop dots and she used a ribbon and tag to add some dimension to her card as well as a texture plate of the background what a great card full of fun elements!

and here is Jacquies!
Jacquie always finds the absolute cutest designer paper! I love the soft colors to this card the layering and the bow and not only did she use glitter she used big bling!
Next is Valeries!!!
Layer after Layer of fun add lots of great dimension to this card! Don;t you just love Pop Dots! I know I do!

And our Sassy from Down Under Deb
(he hee can you tell I'm jealouse and love the fact that she lives in Australia!?!?! he hee)
She did this awesome shaped card! not only is it great, but you can learn how to do it too! This creation is going to be featured on Paper Craft Planets tutorial section! So keep an eye out and try one yourself maybe yay Deb!

And here we have Ellen
She used bling everywhere! her cupcake obviously sparkles all over but her background paper also has some glitter stripes. and for her 3-D element she used some great pink and Brown flowers to coordinate with her cupcake. She was the only one to do a chocolate icing...yum!

So thanks for stopping in today I hope you will join us here with our challenge!
I know some of you may be wondering where has Margie been? why don;t I show her stuff? Well Margie is moving =( but she will be back with us very soon! So we are super excited about that!

Also be sure to check back in this weekend we have great stuff being posted on Saturday and Sunday!!!
And do you remember that date I posted above the one that I said was my birthday?!?! Well be sure to check in then too I might have a surprise or 2 up my sleeves hmmmmmm

Happy Friday All
Lindsay



11 comments:

  1. oh wow! such a cute image and the teams cards are all wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the image thanks for the freebie and I have just won some of your lovely diecuts from diecut dreams yes!!! Thank you
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards girls and love that image and guess what our theme is cupcakes for this weeks challenge over at Die cut dreams, and you know we plan our challenges months ahead so I gouess its a case of great minds think alike .....and tell me what girl doesn't love a cupcake
    Big hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog, cupcakes, and I love that we are birthday buddies! Happy Birthday tomorrow! http://cricutcricut.blogspot.com/2009/08/sassy-studio-designs-sweet-treats.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! One of these days I'm going to try digi stamping! ~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun use the cupcake image to come up with my card. Thanks for the freebie.

    Here my link to my card: http://cardsmith.blogspot.com/2009/08/cupcakes-and-birthday-wishes.html

    Thanks for this great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first challenge ever and the 3rd card I've made.

    http://usagiinwonderland.vox.com/library/post/my-brain-wont-shut-up.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this wonderful image. All the DT cards are amazing. Here is my entry.

    http://cardsandcoffee.blogspot.com/2009/08/sassy-studio-cupcake.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I added a 3-d project to my post for this challenge. I missed that the first time I read the post.
    http://cardsandcoffee.blogspot.com/2009/08/sassy-studio-cupcake.html

    ReplyDelete